There are three divisions
1. Ganitham (calculation) 2.Samhitha 3.Hora
Again divided in to 6 divisions
1. Jathakam (Horoscope) 2.Golakam 3.Nimitham 4.Prassanam. 5. Muhoortham. 6. Ganitham.
JATHAKAM: - This is as per the date of birth exact time and place of birth. Hence for preparing Jathakam time of birth and place of birth is very important.
GOLAKAM :- It consist of earth, Planets, Stars etc for analysis
NIMITHAM(Omen) :- Temporary omens have a great role in Astrological signs. Particularly in Deva prassanam and Ashtamangalya prassanam. It helps to know the root of cause.
PRASSANAM :- Daily prassanam, Poo prassanam,Thamboola prassanam,Sorna prassanam and Seva prassanam. This according to the daily movements of Navagrha and Mandi(Gulikan)
MUHOORTHAM:- To calculate the best time for Marriage, Holy actions and the auspicious movement.
GANITHAM:- Calculation of Navagrahas(planets)gathi –Vigathi.
GOLAM, GANITHAM INCUDED IN GANITHASKANDHA, NIMITHAM IN HORAS SKANDHA AND SAMHITHA SKANDA.JATHKAM, PRASSANAM, MUHOORTHAM INCLUDED IN HORA SKANDA.
Jyothisham is known as the eye of Veda.Prasanamargacharya says an astrologer is an honest and who knows all principles of Astra-Science, efficient in mathematics learned in art of interpreting astrological text, always truthful in speech, engaged in study’s of Veda and Upanishad, expert in propitiation of planets and must be a good upasaka.
GRAHAS (PLANETS):- Nine numbers. Apart from this 9 planets Kerala jyothisham gives or consider a vary important role to Gulika(Mandi)
1.Adithya(Sun) 2.Chatra(moon), 3.Chovva(Mars-Kuja) 4.Rahu(Sarppa) 5.Guru(Jupiter), 6.Sani(Saturn), 7.Buda(Mercury), 8.Kethu(Sikhi), 9.Sukra(Venus).
STARS :- There are 27 no’s
1.Aswathy 2.Bharani 3.Kartika 4.Rohini 5.Makeeriyam 6.Thiruvathira 7.Punartham 8.Pooyam 9.Ayilyam 10.Makam 11.Pooram 12.Utharam 13.Atham 14.Chithira 15.Chothi 16.Visakam 17.Anizham 18.Thirikettaka 19.Moolam 20.Pooradam 21.Utharadam 22.Thiruvonam 23.Avittam 24.Chayatham 25.Pooruruttathi 26.Uthrithdi 27.Revathi.
Apart from this there is one star named Abhijith .
RASI :- 12 No’s
¼1.Medam 2.Edavam 3.Midhunam 4.Karkidakam 5.Chingam 6.Kanni 7.Thulavam 8.Virchikam 9.Dhanu 10.Makaram 11.Kumbam 12.Meenam
KOORU:- This is as per the position of Chandra in Jathakam i.e.If Chandra is situated in Medam Rasi Medam Is the K00RU.
1.Aswathi , Bharani and Karthika¼= MedaKooru
2.Karthika¾, Rohini and Makeeriyam½= EdavaKooru
3. Makeeriyam½, T hiruvathira and Punartham¾= MidhnaKooru
4.Punartham¼, Pooyam Ayiliyam=Karkidaka Kooru
5.Makam, Pooram and Uthram¼=ChingaKooru
6.Utharam¾, Atham and Chithira½=Kanni Kooru
7. Chithira½, Choythi and Visakam¾=ThulavaKooru
8.Visakam¼, Anizham and thriketta =VirchikaKooru
9.Moolam ,Pooradam and Uthiradam¼ =Dhanu Kooru
10. Uthiradam¾ ,Thiruvonam and Avittam½ =MakaraKooru
11. Avittam½, Chathayam and Pooruttathi¾ =KumbaKooru
12. Pooruttathi¼, Uthiruttathi and Revathi =MeenaKooru
Pooruttathi¼, Uthiruttathi and Revathi= MeenaKooru
Now a days Jathakam is must and common to all people even Muslims and Christens are interested in making Jathakam and hearing predictions from Astrologer. By analasing one’s Jathakam a best learned and blessed Jyothishi can predict his changes through out his life. Not only that past ,future and present life can also be predicted.
There are 12 Bhavams in Jathakam and Prassanam
1.Lagna Bhavam:-The rise and fall of one’s life, about the body of a man, Excellency, Beauty, Fortune and prosperity etc
2.Randam Bhavam(2nd Bhavam):-Wealth, Education, elocution, Good and bad words
3.Moonam Bhavam(3rd Bhavam) :-Brothers, Lie time ,Long life ,Courage ,
4.Nalam Bhavam (4th Bhavam):- Mother, House ,Tharavadu, Vehicle, Uncle, Nephew, Nice etc
5.Anjam Bhavam(5th Bhavam) :-Sense, Wisdom, Vigor, Discrimination, dormer birth, Merit, Children, Meekness and gentleness etc
6.Aram Bhavam (6th Bhavam) :-Enemies ,thieves, Impediment, Sickness, disease, Body hurt, Wound, Death, and death through enemies weapon
7.Ezam Bhavam (7th Bhavam) :-Marriage, Love, People, Wife, Husband, Arrival , Meeting, Bed, Bed room, Wife's house, Lost wealth, and Matrimonial etc
8. Ettam Bhavam (8th Bhavam):-Ruin or loss of every thing, Danger, Cause of death, Place of death, Servant, Madam, disease and impediment etc
9. Onpatam Bhavam (9th Bhavam):-Destiny, Charity Pity, Mercy, Favor, Merit, Self-mortification, Father, Grand children, Gift, Prayer, Good culture, Good old custom, Guru, etc
10. Patham Bhavam (10th Bhavam):-Temple, town, City, Court, Council, Assembly, Inn, Servant, All source of work, Commanding power, Depend,
11. PatinonamBhavam (11th Bhavam):-All desired, Elder brother, Left ear, Gain, etc
12. Panthirandam Bhavam (12th Bhavam):-Sin, Spending, Hell-Worthiness, Left eye, Demotion, Deformity, Ugly look, etc
I hope now you have got an idea about Navagraha, stars (Nakshatra) Rasi, Bhavam etc
Now if you want to make your Horoscope or your children or any of your friends just email the following details
1. Name of the person /Child
2. Date of birth (Both in English and Malayalam)
3. Place of Birth.
4. Day of Birth (Sunday, Monday etc)
5. Name of star if you know
6. Time of Birth (AM/PM)
7. Fathers name
8. Mothers name
Details of DD for Rupees 500\=in favor of M.Viswanathan Payable at INDIAN BANK Kannur or STATE BANK OF INDIA, SYDICATE BANK Payyanur.